Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post


Outline

I. About me

  • Personal life, and where in Alabama did I grow up
    • major, interest, pets ...etc
    • high school activities 
II. My Passion


  • Kids
  • Math
  • Arts and Craft
III. Why I want to be an educator
  • What is an educator responsibility
    • teaching in the 21st century 
Hi, I'm Shernell Mabien. Iam the youngest of three, I have a Brother who is 27, and a sister who is 24. I grew up in Satsuma Alabama which is just a few minutes north of Mobile. I just became an auntie on November 11, 2014 to a little girl named Madison. I am the mother to a puppy Payton who is 4 years old. I attend school in Mobile. While in middle school which started from 4th grade to 8th grade I got braces my 4th grade year and had them for nine years. I miss having them very much! In high school I was in the band and I played the flute and piccolo, which is a smaller version of a flute. I really enjoyed being in the band because besides playing at football games we also marched in parades during Mardi Gras. My major here at South is Elementary Education.

My favorite thing to do is go shopping. Shopping is like a way for me to relax and chill. I love dressing up for a nice relaxing day of shopping at different malls. Destin Florida is one of my favorite because it's so peaceful and I love the view of the water. I never really shop by myself I go shopping with my mother because it a way for us to bond, however ever so often I will shop by myself. 




My passion are kids. I have worked in many summer programs with children, I babysit a six year old, and I tutor. Being around children being me joy. I also have a very strong passion in math. Math is my favorite subject I love the challenge of solving different math problems. My passion of arts and craft is a passion and a hobby. Doing arts and craft is my get away from everything. 

I choose to enter the field of education but even when I was younger I wanted to be a teacher, but also because I feel like the learning of a children start not only at home but in the classroom. Teachers can play a major role in influencing students. I know my kindergarden teacher played a major role in the reason why I want to be a teacher. The responsibility  of teacher or not only to teach and help make students a better person, but we should be a good role model for your students. A educators work in the 21st century is much different from when I was in elementary school. With all of the different ties of technology educators have to know how to work smart board and other new technology that is now being used in school.

No comments:

Post a Comment