Wednesday, February 11, 2015

C4T 1

For C4T #1 and #2 I was assigned  "For the Love of Learning" by Joe Bower.

The first blog I commented on was titled A Teacher that Quit is used to Show that Teachers Stay. Reading this blog really caught my attention. the blog mentions that 40-50 percent of teachers quit in their first 5 years of teaching. The blog talks about if the reason of teachers quit is because of the low pay or that etchers are treated badly. My comment to the blog was

   "I am a student at the University of South Alabama, and I am an elementary education major. Reading this article is very shocking. I did not know that 1 in 4 teachers quit in their first four years of teaching. I am aware that teachers are not paid as much as other occupations. However it makes me wonder why is it that between 40-50 percent of teachers quit; is it because teaching was not their true calling or is it another reason?"

The second blog I commented on was titled 3 Big Ideals about Teacher Workload. In the blog the writer talks about three ideals he would like people to know about teaching which are:

  1.  I meet all my students' need only if some children don't show up
  2. My working conditions are my students' learning conditions
  3. Teachers are so busy teaching they don't have time and effort to learn how to be better teacher
My comment for this blog was:

      "Your article is very interesting. The list you gave in the article describes a lot of student and what they are faced with in day to day life. When you have students and they all have different situations you are not teaching just one student. You are teaching to different students who are facing something in life different from the student sitting next to him or her."


http://wwwkeystonecreationscomau.blogspot.com/2012/10/what-makes-great-teacher.html


No comments:

Post a Comment